É proprietário de casa arrendada? Atenção à comunicação das rendas recebidas

Are you a landlord? Pay attention to reporting your rental income.

Read the alert that the Tax Authority (AT) shared on its social networks, aimed at property owners who rent out their houses.

18 Jan 20242 min

Liked what you just read? Share it!

If you are looking for a house to buy or rent, seek help: it's simpler. The real estate agency Casa no Minuto can find your perfect property, and the credit intermediaries from Poupança no Minuto, your ideal financing!

Are you renting a house to a tenant? By the end of the month, you must report the received rent.

There is a house that rents to tenants? The Tax Authority (AT) shared a publication, warning tenants about reporting rental income received.  

On their Facebook page, AT starts by explaining that "communication with the identification of received income should be done during the month of January on the Portal das Finanças."  

However, there are owners who are exempt from issuing the electronic rent receipt. They must submit the Model 44 Declaration on the Finance Portal for IRS purposes, as clarified by the AT.

"Statement Mod. 44 - Who should submit it? This statement should be submitted by property owners who rent out properties, who are exempt from issuing electronic rent receipts," the publication shared on the social network Facebook reads.

So, note that you have until the end of this month to declare the rents received in your Portal das Finanças account.

Want to buy a house to rent in 2024?  

If you want to be the owner of a house to rent out this year, it can be a good deal, depending on some factors.

It must primarily pay attention to the return calculation to understand if, in your specific case, with the installment you will pay for the loan and its conditions, the taxes to be paid (Stamp Duty, Municipal Tax on Onerous Property Transfers and Property Tax), possible condominium fee. 

This is because you still have to pay the added rental tax, comparing it with the rental value received. Regarding this tax, you must take into account that, from the amount paid by the tenant, you have to subtract:

  • 28% if the contract is less than 2 years;
  • 26% if between 2 and 5 years;
  • 23% if between 5 and 10 years;
  • 14% if you have 10 and 20 years;
  • 10% if the contract is over 20 years.   

For this, it's always easier to ask for help from services directed to the respective support. A real estate agency like Casa no Minuto can find the house you are looking for, and help you with the entire acquisition process with the sellers. In addition, also the credit intermediaries from Poupança no Minuto can find the credit with the most suitable conditions for your context, and for free!


Subscribe to our newsletter and don't miss any content.